Thursday, January 27, 2005

A promise is a promise!

As promised I have started a weblog for my technical students at http://www.20six.co.uk/terma For the reasons I outlined before I cannot expect a great response to this but my hope is that 3 or 4 might take up the challenge.

I only have 3 or 4 meetings left with these groups so not much time to develop the idea with them but I thought I could present it as a way of continuing their English once the course is over.

One thing I have to be careful about is that I have 2 declared dyslexics in one of the groups and that is one reason why I cannot present this as more than an optional activity. It is also a reason why I chose 20six over blogger because they offer the possibility of audio posts. (I know blogger does too but, like the pictures, it strikes me as a very complicated process). I also suspect that there may be more with writing difficulties since I had a very strongly worded reaction against a request that they write something down a couple of weeks ago.

No comments: