Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Working on my outdoor moblog idea

I have taken my daughters out on two outdoor TPR/TPRS type lessons in French. They love it. They think it's tremendous fun, even my elder daughter who tended to get irritated when I slipped in the odd French phrase in ordinary conversation. 'What does that mean?' she'd say glaring at me.

The second trip we had a simple little story which I photographed. Now I'm trying to make a Quia or Hot Pot exercise to match the text to the pictures. But it's not as easy as I thought it would be.

There are many different things one could do with these outdoor sessions. It doesn't have to be a story, it could be a treasure hunt or a commentary on what one sees. But maybe the possibilities are limited at a complete beginner level. The story thread also does not sit easily with a mobblog... or maybe it could.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Hi Anna, I love the idea of moblogs too. One of mys students choose "My new mobile phone" as the subject of a class presentation last week. If I'd been on the ball, I could have suggested a class project immediately! I like the idea of gently pushing smaller children down the garden path to learning that way too. My own kids speak French but I think they're going to need this sort of project for English. I had thought of having them do voice overs on some short video sequences we made over the Christmas holidays. I'll look forward to catching up with your blog later on this week!